This monitor is great! For me it meets all the important criteria that are important for me in a monitor at the moment:
- G-Sync – No tearing or input lag ever again
- 144Hz – paired with G-Sync just great to look at, but hard to describe … everything is so “smooth” 🙂
- 1080p – I like to play at the native resolution and still with all the hype around UHD I can’t use it as even my GTX970 can’t shoulder modern games on 1080p and if it can there still is down sampling.
- 27 inches – Super size if you have a somewhat lower table and thus distance from the monitor.
Before I had the only other monitor that currently met these criteria, the Acer XB270H Abprz, but it had a relatively poor black level and even for a TN panel a narrow viewing angle. Because I couldn’t get used to the poor black level I got the Philips 272G5DYEB/00. When compared noticed that the black level was much better and had no blue tinge, as is the case with the Acer and that the viewing angles and brightness distribution was better. Otherwise, they were at a fairly similar, high level in all other respects (sharpness, brightness, contrast) (for TN panels), the color reproduction was perhaps a tick better on the Acer but nothing decisive. Overall, my choice was clear and the Acer was sold again.
The positive things beside the (very good) image are:
- A good, structured OSD
- Matte case
- Stable base
- Practical USB HUB
Negatively I noticed these things:
- Very thick frame, especially the frame on the top and bottom are very thick in comparison to the Acer and the display I had before that (Asus) which makes the display appear bigger than it is. Too bad, especially at that price.
- Whether G-Sync is active, the Information is only viewable deep in the display menu (info in the main OSD would have been better)
- Black levels could be a bit better – they are better than the Acer but I have seen better with TN-Panels
All in all though for me simply the best monitor for gaming on the market. Whether the qualities and features justify the high price is for everyone on their own to decide. I do not regret the purchase in any way and recommend the monitor without hesitation 🙂 (Thanks the author: Mavis)
Best Monitor for Photography