I am extremely pleased with this laptop. Having used it for nearly two months, the performance is excellent, and I love the modern feel.
The specs of ASUS ROG G752VT-DH72:
- 17.3-inches Matte IPS FHD display (1920 x 1080)
- Intel Core i7-6700HQ 2.6 GHz (up to 3.50GHz).
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 970M 3 GB DDR5 VRAM
- 1 TB 7200 RPM HDD + 128 GB PCIeG3 x4 NVMe SSD
- 16 GB DDR4 RAM (supports up to 64 GB memory)
- 1x Thunderbolt III (via USB Type-C), 1x USB 3.1 Type-C, 4x USB 3.0, 1x HDMI. Bluetooth 4.0
1. One of the things which makes this computer stand out from the crowd, is the cooling system. Testing shows that this computer can run almost 18 degrees F lower than the next best laptop. Having experienced this for myself, I can tell you that this is a massive bonus.
Everyone who has used a laptop will have experienced it getting gradually warmer and warmer on their lap at some point. This machine is comfortable for most of the time though, with the GPU and CPU keeping a steady 32c when on standby, and between 42 and 52C with some heavy use.
2. Speed. This system is fast, whether booting up, or performing tasks. It handles any number of applications being run at the the same time, and you can easily monitor this with G-Sync, and app which details the computer’s performance.
3. In terms of using it, I played World of Warcraft at 60+frames, and GW2 at a high 60+, although lower in the cities. It handled all this with ease, and obviously took care of TF2 amazingly.
4. Noise – Even now I struggle to hear any! This machine is super-quiet, and I almost never hear the fans.
5. Awesome display which has to be seen to be believed!
1.One problem which I noticed, and then worked out that other people were having, is that G-Sync was not enabled out of the box. I had to go into the BIOS and alter something to fix this.
2.The speakers are tucked underneath the laptop, which may not be an issue if you used externals, but is not a great design.
3.Another thing that wasn’t thought through, is the audio-jack position which is on the right side of the machine. If you use wired headphones and a wired mouse, you will end up getting tangled at some point.
4.The battery life could be better. At 3-4 hours it is probably adequate for most people, but gamers have a way of losing track of time, so keep it charging if you are on an important level!
5. The keyboard is my biggest issue. There are two problems with it. The first, is that the spacing between the keys has taken me a while to get used to, which as a touch typist is a pain. The second problem, is that it has red letters on black keys, which makes it difficult to pick out the characters if I need to look to type. Fortunately, the system has keyboard back-lighting, but having it on all the time I need to type is irritating. Hopefully, I can get used to the keyboard layout and get back to touch typing soon!
6. The laptop is quite large and heavy. This isn’t an issue if you aren’t constantly carrying it, but is something to keep in mind if you are planning to take it everywhere with you.
Conclusion – A laptop that is ideal for anyone looking for a robust, capable machine for gaming.